We launched the Techtonica demo on Steam on September 20th, and we’ve seen you Groundbreakers do some pretty fantastic stuff.
With Steam Next Fest starting on October 3rd and the wave of new players experiencing the demo, we thought it’d be fun to hold daily contests throughout the event.
The Fire Hose team will pick the winners for each event, and we’ll announce them the week after Next Fest ends. Each winner will receive a key for the full version of Techtonica when it launches into Early Access.
Build stuff, send pics, win the game
We’ll announce the contests formally each day on our Discord, but we’re giving folks who read this an opportunity to select their desired objectives and have a head start.
So, here’s each challenge and its associated deadline.
- Best Multi-Story Factory -> Due Oct. 4th, 2022, at 9am ET.
- Worst (Best?) Spaghetti Mess -> Due Oct. 5th, 2022, at 9am ET.
- Best Factory on a Wall -> Due Oct. 6th, 2022, at 9am ET.
- Best Research Core Sculpture -> Due Oct. 7th, 2022, at 9am ET.
- Best Buried Factory -> Due Oct. 8th, 2022, at 9am ET.
- Best Factory WITHOUT Conveyor Belts -> Due Oct. 9th, 2022, at 9am ET.
- Smallest Factory that Fully Automates Green Core Production -> Due Oct. 10th, 2022, at 9am ET
- Best Conveyor Belt Adventure for Sparks’ Spectral Cube -> Due Oct. 11th, 2022, at 9am ET.
The one catch: You’ll need to join our Discord to share your creations. Once there, share any relevant screenshots, GIFs, and videos on the #next-fest-contests channel. You'll find contest submission rules on Discord.
That’s it! Have fun, Groundbreakers. We can’t wait to see what you create.